Welcome to the site of the Summer Opportunities List formerly known as the Summer Opportunities Fair, which we obviously, can't hold in person this year.
Starting January 12, 2021, you’ll be still able to browse opportunities and view contact information for Duke-sponsored summer programs, projects, research, service, courses and more. Diverse subjects and disciplines are represented. Most are funded! Virtual options are available in many instances.
- There is contact information for each opportunity, and these people are ready and eager to take your questions. Don't hesitate to reach out!
- A number of Duke programs are offering online summer opportunities.
- If you have questions about navigating the site or questions about where to find specific information, please contact McCall Calloway (email@example.com).
- If you would like to get advice or suggestions on how to plan your summer, feel free to contact any of the following people: Directors of Academic Engagement (DAEs), your Academic Advisor, The Career Center (it is a great idea to get your resume in shape! The Career Center has some great resources to help), or the Undergraduate Research Support Office.
- We also recommend thinking about what your goals are for the summer. It is also important to consider other questions such as, how many hours a day do you want to devote? How much autonomy would you like to have within a program or opportunity?
Of note: Duke leadership is closely monitoring the ongoing surge in COVID-19, both locally and nationally, but it is not in a position at the moment to provide definitive guidance for summer plans (e.g. travel, on-campus housing, lab access).