Sanford School of Public Policy; Political Science
- A native of Denver, I began my professional career as a newspaper reporter in Washington, DC.
- I got an MPP at Duke and a PhD at Harvard before returning to Duke as a faculty member in 2005.
- I study American politics, with an emphasis on political participation.
- My work examines gun politics, women's organizations, and philanthropy's influence on the health of democracy.
- I run the Duke in DC "semester away" program and am honored to be a member of the Bass Society of Fellows.