Associate Professor of Romance Studies
- This summer I have been hiking and discovering new trails in the woods near my home in Chapel Hill.
- I have also tried new recipes with my family.
- I am reading the Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic History of America's Great Migration by Isabel Wilkerson.
- This fall (2020) I am teaching Span 332 "Premodern and Modern Global Intersections: Language, Pathogens, and Race" and Ethics 89 S What Now? "Displacement and Belonging: Fiction, Routes, and Roots."
- My research and teaching interests include pre-modern and modern global intersections, the entangled histories of capitalism, colonialism, and culture, mass migrations, and such authors as Miguel de Cervantes, María de Zayas, Pedro Calderón de la Barca, and Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz.
- In the spring of 2021 I will teach a course on Cervantes and Money.